1. General Information
This course is among the general courses which have as aim to prepare the future engineers to design / produce quality produces / services adequate to the common European market. Both course and practical works make possible to present specific techniques to assure and certify the quality of products and services.
Course objectives: Teaching of fundamental concepts concerning quality, reliability and security engineering applicable in electronics and telecommunications. We will consider modeling and analysis of quality, reliability and safety / security of electronics and telecommunications systems (ETS), considering the design, fabrication and using; an approach based on faults / errors physics and of statistical instruments for ETS performance evaluation will be considered.
Applications objectives: Presentation of basic methods to be used in reliability laboratories of different companies for the evaluation of quality and reliability indices adequate to ETS.
Reliability and Quality Control – “Electronic engineering, telecommunication and information technologies” field, ELAen programme, Faculty of Engineering in Foreign Languages, University Politehnica of Bucharest
Year: 3, semester: 1
Lecturer: Prof. dr. ing. Ioan BACIVAROV
Grading type: Verification (V) with Grade
Number of ECTS credits: 3
Number of hours/week: 2 course | 1 practical applications
|Field of study||Programme of study||Code||1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Electronic engineering, telecommunication and information technologies||ELAen||12.S.05.A.105||2||1|
Prerequisite knowledge (attending the didactic activities and/or passing the exam in the following subjects): Basic knowledge of probabilities theory and statistics, circuits and systems (Mathematical Analysis, Special Mathematics, Signals and Systems, Electronic Materials).
– Lab reports examination – 60%
– Tests during the semester, homework – 20%
– Final written test – 20%
Minimum passing requirements: According to the “University license study regulations” and “Regulations concerning students professional activity”, with the condition to obtain at least 50% from the points of the laboratory activities.
3. Lectures content
Fundamental concepts in systems quality and reliability engineering
ETS Conformity and reliability indices and their estimation
1. Reception and process conformity control
2. Control diagrams
3. Design of reliability tests
Reliability of electronics and telecommunications systems
1. Failure rate modeling for electronic components
2. Reliability design in design. Methods based on reliability graphs and diagrams
Software quality and reliability
1. Models of process quality
2. Models of services
1. Renewal processes
2. Markovian models of repairable systems
1. Assurance and validation models
2. Security / safety in IT&C
3. Fault trees and cause consequence diagrams in ETS high functional importance study
4. Practical applications
Laboratory 1. Design of statistical conformity control. Control diagrams. MIL STD105 standard.
Laboratory 2. Computing reliability indicators through non-parametric method
Laboratory 3. Computing reliability indicators through parametric method
Laboratory 4. Reliability Block Diagrams
Laboratory 5. Construction and analysis of Fault Trees for ETS
Laboratory 6. Use of STATISTICA software in the study of Gaussian processes
Laboratory 7. Use of Design Master software in performance design of an electronic circuit
1. Angelica Bacivarov, I.C. Bacivarov, A. Mihalache, Fiabilitatea şi mentenabilitatea sistemelor electronice. Aplicaţii. Ed. Electronica 2000, 2003
2. I.C. Bacivarov, Angelica Bacivarov, A. Mihalache, Controlul conformităţii produselor. Aplicaţii. Ed. Electronica 2000, 2003
3. I.C. Bacivarov, D. Stoichiţoiu, T. van der Wiele, Progresses in Quality and Dependability, Mediarex, 2004
4. V. Cătuneanu, Angelica Bacivarov, Structuri electronice de înaltă fiabilitate. Toleranţa la defectări, Editura Militară, Bucureşti, 1989
5. V. Cătuneanu, I.C. Bacivarov, Fiabilitatea sistemelor de telecomunicaţii, Editura Militară, Bucureşti, 1985
6. V. Cătuneanu, A. Mihalache, Bazele teoretice ale fiabilităţii, Editura Academiei, Bucureşti, 1983
7. I.C. Mihai, Management of Information Security and Protection, Sitech Publishing, 2016