- University “Politehnica” Bucharest (1998 – 1999)
Master degree in Quality and Reliability Engineering 100%
- University “Politehnica” Bucharest (1992 – 1998)
Electronic Engineer Honours 93,3%
- “Al. Ioan Cuza” High School Bucharest (1988 – 1992)
Diploma of Baccalaureate 94,5%
Other Courses / Qualifications / Activities
- Member of GeoQuest testing team for LiveQuest 2.0. (June, 2002 – Aug, 2002) Responsible with testing of the installation and upgrading procedure, with the documentation for the LiveQuest 2.0 security/firewall configuration and Oracle configuration and tuning.
- Practical placement at University of Paisley, Scotland, U.K. June, 1999 – Aug, 1999
Developed a web interface for a MS SQL Server using Cold Fusion Server and IIS.
- Practical placement at University of Paisley, Scotland, U.K. June, 1998 – Aug, 1998
Developed a customized browser based on an ActiveX control using Visual C++.
Infrastructure Services Project Manager (Nov, 2003 – present)
- Responsible for technical aspects related to Firewall and VPN subsystem of the Romgaz project
- Establish local presence for IS and support sales in finding new opportunities in Eastern Europe.
System and software support engineer / pre-sales support / local IT manager (Jan, 2000 – Sept, 2003)
- Installed and supported GeoQuest applications (system and database aspects).
- Consulting and training services for our clients – networking, security, hardware and software.
- Designed hardware configurations to support GeoQuest software deployments.
- Live demos and presentations for LiveQuest – GeoQuest’s ASP product based on Citrix.
- Managed all aspects, technical and financial, of the local IT environment
- Enforced Schlumberger security standards and policies on the local environment
- University “Politehnica” Bucharest
Network administrator & internal support (Oct, 1998 – Oct, 1999)
- Set up an Ethernet network based on a managed Nortel Networks switch.
- Installed and administered a Windows NT domain, its clients (~30PCs) and a Linux based gateway to Internet – POP, SMTP, FTP, HTTP, DNS and security.
- Supported and developed internal activities (seminars etc.)
- Decorum Marmor s.r.l. (stone processing plant)
Systems Analyst/Support Engineer – part time (Jan, 1994 – Sept, 1997)
- Analysed the circuit of the documents and designed the database schema.
- Educational Centre s.r.l. (Oxford University Press Exclusive Representative)
Logistics & Systems Analyst – part time (Jan, 1995 – July, 1995)
- Responsible with logistics.
- Analysed the circuit of the documents and improved the database schema.